Leadership is Not Easy, But it is Actually Simple
You Can Turn Your Workplace Into a WOWplace!
Leadership is not “one-size-fits-all” – neither are Sandy’s Programs
Customized Leadership Development
Keynote, Breakout and Corporate Training Programs
(Click for information on three options for your leaders)
There is an old sales adage that people buy from people they know, like and trust. It’s the same with leadership. People follow, support and engage with leaders they know, like and trust. If you don’t allow your people to know you enough to like you, which then leads to them being able to trust you, how can you effectively lead them anywhere?
These are exciting times, but leaders cannot succeed without the active engagement of their people, especially now in the Information Age when most experts agree that a significant competitive advantage lies in the tacit knowledge of our people.
All organizations seek to create WOW customer experiences, but what happens when leaders don’t create the same type of experience for their people that they expect their people to create for their customers?
Let’s face it, until we begin hiring robots that don’t mind being served by other robots, technology and flash can only take us so far because the human experience still matters most. Since employees are only human, the experience they deliver to customers (and each other) will match the experience that leaders deliver to them.
In this inspiring program, Sandy shares stories, examples and tools that help leaders get inside the minds of their people and see how their actions impact their experience. She also shares five simple rules for creating a WOW environment that is safe, respectful, human, creative and rewarding – and inspires employees to go to the wall to create success for them and their entire organization.
Don’t be fooled by the “WOW” references! This is not a rah-rah leadership program that indulges participants in a fleeting and short-lived flight of fancy. It’s an inspiring, entertaining, but serious program that helps your leaders lead and behave consistently on a daily basis. Consistency is the foundation for all leadership skills. It doesn’t matter what we do well, if we don’t do it consistently, it may as well not be done.
We all know that in business today, the biggest WOWs come from the smallest things:
• keeping our word;
• proactive thinking that makes others feel as though we’re “reading their minds”;
• putting others first;
• watching the bottom line by implementing a tiny operational nuance that changes everything.
All of these – and more – make us say WOW on a daily basis, and WOW leaders know that when we consistently provide those WOWs – every day, every interaction, every customer, every employee – that’s what turns a workplace into a WOWplace.
“I wanted to let you know what great feedback we are continuing to receive from your keynote at our National Franchise Conference. The lessons learned have been a big hit with our franchise community. It’s a real testimonial on your program when months after the event owners are still engaged in implementing the key points you stressed. Not only was your presentation entertaining, it is making a positive difference in our business.”
– Jim George / President & CEO, The Snip-Its Corporation
“Thanks so much Sandy! Loved getting to meet you and your keynote was amazing. You are really an inspiration. I love to meet people who love their work!”
– Curt Fowler, FL Excellence Conference
“I was impressed with the depth of the information!.”
– WOWplace keynote program executive attendee
“Sandy did a fantastic job with many great examples and stories that can be related to by all employees.”
– WOWplace Managers and Supervisors training program attendee
What is Your “Emotional Logo”?
Your “emotional logo” is the one (or more) actions, gestures, words and feelings that people associate with you whenever they think of you. It is the image that leaps to mind when they think about you, and the feeling they have after having interacted with you.
We all have an emotional logo… it’s how we’re “branded” in the minds of others. And that branding can either help us be incredibly successful leaders – or it can stifle our leadership effectiveness without our ever realizing why (or that) it is happening. The good news is that with self-awareness, focus and practice, we can make that logo anything we wish it to be.
Join Sandy as she explores how and why our logos are formed, what inadvertent messages they may be sending to our teams, and what we can do to ensure they are true “WOWs!” for everyone we wish to lead or influence.
Why Hire Sandy to Speak at Your Next Event?
Sandy understands leadership from many points of view, and always from personal experience. Her knowledge and understanding did not come from books, but from being in the trenches in the corporate world for 20 years, as well as being a business owner herself and serving on the boards of several associations. She continues to “walk her talk” every day, and continually seeks new opportunities for learning and sharing her knowledge with her clients.
Sandy customizes every program to pinpoint each client’s objectives and will work with your team to ensure they meet their goals.
Sandy’s goal is to be one of the easiest and most effective speakers with whom you will ever work, arriving early, letting you know when she’s there, working with your teams before, during and after the meeting… and most of all, making YOU look good by ensuring attendees receive a WOW experience!
Another plus is Sandy’s dynamic speaking style, which has been described by those who have seen her as EI-EI-OH! (Enthusiastic, Inspiring, Energetic and Informative – OH)!
How do you view your leadership? More importantly, how do your associates view your leadership style and leadership teams?
Do your employees have to come to work because they make a paycheck… or do they love to come to work because they make a difference?
Creating the WOW is not about big, flashy one-time actions that create fleeting impact and then are gone. It’s about our people and their willingness to consistently engage and take ownership for their role in the organization’s success.
But their willingness to consistently engage and take ownership relies on their leaders’ willingness and ability to consistently help them remember that they matter – and that their actions matter… and that make a difference every day.
Do your policies and procedures enable and encourage team members to be creative and innovative when serving others? Do they feel safe to use their judgment in order to create exceptional experiences? Do your systems and tools support and enable them to follow those creative actions through to completion? Or do those experiences fall flat because the systems or tools don’t work, and actually prevent them from keeping their promises?
Disengagement and burnout often prevent people from sharing new ideas and going the extra mile to find hidden WOW’s that add up to exceptional experiences for everyone around them.
In this program, Sandy shares uplifting leadership ideas, entertaining stories and case studies, and easy-to-use models that foster innovative and proactive thinking. The program inspires attendees to fully engage and bring their ideas to fruition by sparking their creativity and showing them how to anticipate knowledge gaps, improve processes, enhance productivity, eliminate excuses and break the “status quo”, so their ideas can be realized.
By reinforcing a culture of service, values, creativity and respect, Sandy also demonstrates how to effectively leverage the competitive advantage that exists in tapping into the tacit knowledge of the team, so it doesn’t remain hidden or “walk out the door” to benefit your competition. The result is that attendees remember that they do make a difference… and can lead others to do the same.
“Fabulous – As a new supervisor, I am leaving with great ideas.”
– WOWplace leadership training program attendee
“The presentation was GREAT. It was obvious that Sandy put a lot of time and effort in customizing the presentation for KUA.”
– KUA Manager
People don’t leave companies… they leave people!
Statistics show that 68% of customers leave a company because of the way they were treated… not because they didn’t like the product or service.
And 90% of new employees make the decision to stay with a company – or leave – within the first 6 months… mainly based on how they were treated.
If we want to turn our workplace into a WOWplace, we must evaluate and focus on everything we say and do, as well as the way we say and do it, so our words and actions match our promise of the WOW.
We could focus on all the incredible products and services our company has to offer… but if all our incredible products and services are not delivered in WOW ways, by WOW people, with WOW attitudes, they may as well not exist. In other words, if we don’t make everyone – customers and employees alike – feel valued, appreciated, listened to and respected… they won’t stay.
“We’d like to have Sandy come in and work with one department for 6 months, and then expand out to other departments once the concepts are in place in the first one!”
– WOWplace leadership training program attendee
“WOW, this was excellent. She kept my interest throughout. Also, challenged us at the beginning to participate in her own way. You would have felt less than you should be if you did not join in. We were very lucky to get this woman.”
– Healthcare association conference attendee
The WOWplace Rules:
- A WOWplace is Safe (Are our employees trying to succeed… or simply trying NOT to fail?)
- A WOWplace is Respectful (Effective leaders don’t DEMAND respect… they COMMAND it)
- A WOWplace is Human… not Humanoid (Focus on “Human Duties” as well as “Job Duties”)
- A WOWplace is Innovative, Creative and Fun (A WOWplace doesn’t allow excuses to justify stagnation or boredom)
- A WOWplace is Rewarding (There are many ways to make it financially, professionally and personally rewarding for all employees)
Following this presentation, participants will:
- Remember that creating the WOW is a matter of will:W ill I O r W on’t I?
- Learn “The 1-2-3’s of Doing More Than Appease”, a proactive formula for creating WOW customer experiences.
- Uncover how to tap into employees’ under-utilized talents and abilities, fostering employee initiative.
- Learn how to create higher levels of respect & trust (effective leaders don’t DEMAND respect, they COMMAND it).
- Understand the impact of being HUMAN and relatable in building stronger relationships.
- Build trust and respect by being a role model for the actions and mindsets they expect from their teams.
- Focus on their “Human” Duties while performing their Job Duties.
- Be motivated to do the extraordinary, despite every reason (excuse) not to do so.
- Learn how to gain buy-in for new initiatives.
- Realize that we must take reasonable and appropriate risks to create breakthrough performance.
- Aim for the WOW – keep your eye on the target (a tool for systematically analyzing scenarios and creating WOW experiences)
- What makes us say WOW? (Not just the flash in the pan, but everyday, consistent WOW actions)
- Who is present in your workplace: WORKers… or WOWers?
- Be human – not “humanoid”!
- Body language speaks louder than words
- Remember the goal, even in the face of active disrespect
- Victor’s Values – signature story of connecting with compassion, caring and values
- Humor eases all, especially when delivering difficult messages
- Be flexible: if you can’t change the situation, change your expectations to keep your options and opportunities open
- Anatomy of the WOW: a Case Study of the touchpoints for all parties involved in a transaction
“Click HERE” to order or discuss with Sandy her new, innovative, scenario-based self-assessment tool used during her programs and training sessions to help leaders quickly and easily identify their leadership strengths, as well as any gaps or “blind spots” that may exist in their leadership skill set.
If you already have a date in mind and want Sandy to put a “pencil hold” on that date for you, please fill out the “Book Sandy Now!” form and give us the details of your program. Sandy will be in touch with you within 24 hours of receiving this request.